Birthdays aren’t something I look forward too much anymore. Fortunately, this year’s big day doesn’t involve a zero (thank goodness!).
What is different this year is that I decided to give Washtenaw Literacy a present on my birthday. So I took the plunge and set up a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser that benefits Washtenaw Literacy. It was refreshingly simple to do.
Anyone and everyone can see the post and donate, I hope, to my Birthday Fundraiser from now through Nov. 1. I know it will raise at least $69 because that’s what I donated to get this party started. Want to guess how old I am?
I set my fundraising goal at $500 and what a gift that would be for Washtenaw Literacy if I succeed! We shall see what happens but just to be safe I have my fingers and toes crossed.
Why would I want Washtenaw Literacy to benefit from my birthday? Here are my Top 10 reasons:
1. I don’t need any more stuff.
2. I am a very generous person. Pleeeease?!?!?
3. This way nobody needs to decide what to buy me.
4. Putting gas in the car happens so infrequently, everyone has a little extra to donate.
5. You don’t have to get dressed up to come to a party.
6. Donating is as easy as the good old red EASY button.
7. You probably have your credit card number memorized after ordering so much online lately.
8. One in six people in our country needs help with basic reading skills.
9. I love to read and think everyone should be able to read a book to their kids or read a recipe.
10. It really is better to give than to receive.
So, when your next birthday rolls around why not consider a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser for Washtenaw Literacy.
Time for me to get back to my book.